VAGINAL SWAB KIT
ABOUT THIS KIT
This kit contains instructions and a device for the collection of vaginal discharge. With it, you can collect a sample at home which is analysed in a laboratory.
After following all the instructions, send an e- mail to email@example.com to notify us that the sample is ready for collection.
Our At-home Vaginal Discharge Collection Kit Consists of:
1 x Vaginal Swab in Tube | 1 x Biohazard Return Bag | 1 x Large Envelope
- Read all instructions prior to collection.
- Do not use if packaging or device is damaged.
- Do not use if the expiry date has passed.
- For single use only.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Do not use (a) during pregnancy (b) in the 3 months after giving birth (c) if you recently had a gynaecological operation (d) in case of unusual bleeding or pelvic pains.
- Sample collection during menstrual cycle has not been evaluated.
- In the 3 days prior to self-sampling, avoid use of vaginal contraceptives, ovules, creams and washes as well as condoms.
- In the 2 days prior to self-sampling, abstain from sexual intercourse, ultrasound scans and gynaecological examinations.
SAMPLE COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS
Before you start, wash your hands properly and dry with a clean towel.
Only open the swab just before use. Be careful not to touch any surfaces with the swab tip.
When you are ready, hold the shaft of the swab in the middle (see red mark).
Insert the tip part of the swab into your vagina, about 3 – 4 cm.
Gently start turning the swab against the vaginal wall. Continue for at least 30 seconds.
Return the swab to the tube and close properly.
Note: Should unexpected events not described in these instructions occur during self-sampling, contact your doctor.
Seal the tube in the biohazard bag and place in the BioSmart box with the completed form.
Place the box in the courier bag and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that the sample is ready for collection.