For the Collection of Serum (Portion of Blood) for Testing
At-home blood sample collection device for monitoring male hormones. Results are provided within 24 hours of the sample reaching the laboratory.
Find out if you have a hormone imbalance that could be affecting your mood, energy levels, libido and/or sports performance. Testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) are often tested together. Also known as the male sex hormone, testosterone is active in its free form. When it is bound to other proteins, such as SHBG, it is not active. SHBG testing is used to check how testosterone is working in the bodies of men who have symptoms that may be caused by too little testosterone. Lifestyle choices and medical conditions can influence the levels of these hormones.
WHO & WHEN?
Doctors may recommend a testosterone test if you have symptoms of abnormally high or low testosterone levels.
Symptoms of low testosterone may include:
- Low sex drive
- Erectile disfunction or difficulty getting (or maintaining) an erection
- Infertility (difficulty conceiving)
- Man boobs (gynecomastia)
- Lack of facial and/or body hair
- Thinning bones or unexplained anaemia
- Loss of muscle mass (muscle atrophy)
High testosterone levels can be the result of:
- Steroid use
- A testicular tumour
- An adrenal gland disorder, such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH)
Doctors may recommend testosterone and SHBG tests for men with:
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- A disorder of the pituitary or thyroid gland
- Benign (noncancerous) tumours
- Injury to one or both testicles
- Alcohol use disorders
- Genetic disorders such as Klinefelter syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes
- Abnormal or excessive fat accumulation (being overweight/obese)
- (Anabolic) steroid use disorder
- Cushing syndrome
This sample kit contains a finger-prick blood collection device, along with clear instructions. Samples collected at home are couriered to and tested at the BioSmart accredited pathology laboratory.
Blood is tested for:
- Total Testosterone
- Free Testosterone
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Your male hormones health report will come in an easy-to-understand format with a detailed breakdown of results, what they mean and your next steps.
Note: If you do not feel confident taking your own blood sample, we can help:
Or chat via the website
Use this coupon code at checkout to purchase your test online and save on shipping costs: clicks23
Book a consultation at Clicks Cape Gate to have your sample collected.
Bring your receipt to Clicks Cape Gate on the day of the sample collection.
Pay Clicks Cape Gate directly for collecting a blood sample: R80.